Saturday 7 March 2009

Back to BLOOD AND WATER




A member of the Book Group from North Walsham Library emailed me to repeat that she had really enjoyed reading Blood and Water, which they had done as a group prior to my talk. Kindred Spirits is a follow-on novel to B&W, but is also a stand-alone read.
She writes a mini review of all the books they read and this is what she said about B&W :
"Thought it was very well written. Perhaps too many problems in one book, but it was lively and interesting . Glad there was a list of characters - I still got lost with the birth mother of the twins and the MP’s wife. Interesting that at the beginning of the book I thought the main character, Mo was a bit ‘away with the fairies’ and in the end she was so clever and innovative. It certainly was not a boring book and a good criteria is when you cannot put it down. I read it in record time. Definitely would like to read another of this author’s books."
In her email, she then said: "My last comment about reading the next book by this author is more of a compliment than you may realise, because I have not got a favourite author, I enjoy a wide range of books and for me to put that I would look for and read another book 'by this author' is accolade indeed!Your words about your young life struck a cord with me when you said to-day that you were brought up in a home with books. I remember so clearly and affectionately Sunday afternoons spent with my Mother and Father sitting round the fire in the dining room after Sunday Dinner, reading and enjoying our books. It started a life long interest and I was horrified when I heard, when my children were young, that there were homes where there were no books. I found it difficult to imagine such a place!!"
I hope she enjoys the next one as much. Thanks for letting me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment